Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger. Description SUMMARY
MassMutual Investment Risk Management team is adding a credit risk analyst to help support investment risk management objectives and priorities. The ideal candidate will collaborate with colleagues in ERM and Investment management to analyze and report on a variety of investment and credit risks
About the Investment Risk Management Team
Mission: The Investment Risk management department is responsible for identification, measurement, analysis, communication of the company's investment risks & strategies, recommending and overseeing hedge strategies to limits unwanted risk exposures and is located in Boston, MA RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help model and calibrate Credit Risk Assets in MassMutual's investment risk and economic capital framework and ensure they are efficient and robust
- Participate in the development and implementation of investment risk management tools/infrastructure
- Perform deep-dive analyses across all enterprise-wide risks and their sources
- monitor key risk indicators and trends to support credit risk assessment and monitoring
- Monitor counter party and credit risk profile of the portfolio
- Help communicate the insights from investment analysis to management
- Prepare oral and written presentations to management
- Collaborate with risk leaders throughout the organization to incorporate advanced risk management into daily activities
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in financial services risk management
- Experience in credit risk modeling and analysis of risk in different types of assets as used in the financial services industry
- Strong data management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Quick learner and ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar quantitative discipline
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience with Moodys Risk Frontier, Credit Edge, Kamakura Risk, Bloomberg desirable
- Experience with Python, Excel VBA desirable
- FRM or CFA or progress towards the certifications preferred
- Experience with investment risk preferred
- Familiarity with financial statements and an understanding of the insurance industry is desirable
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.CORE VALUESFocus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies. Value People:
We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential. Work Collaboratively:
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.Achieve Results:
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Associated topics: business intelligence, consult, financial analyst, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, inspect, investment banking, investment fund, law, refine
Associated topics: analyst, business analytic, business intelligence, consult, examiner, financial reporting analyst, government, market, refinement, valuation analyst