Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger. Description
The role of the Financial Planning Case Consultant is to work on a team of consultants providing support for fee-based financial planning cases. Consultants will focus their support to Planners and Advisors with moderate to affluent clients. The Consultant will work proactively with the field and business partners alike, in driving results, plan implementation, and providing a client-centric experience.Principal Responsibilities
- Primary support to Planners and Advisors on Financial Planning cases for moderate to affluent clients who may be either individuals or small business owners.
- Provide support to Senior Consultants with their caseloads, including cases for affluent and high net worth clients.
- Review and approve fee based plans created by financial planners and financial planning infrastructure associates.
- Responsibility for quality of advice for plans they review and approve.
- Assist Financial Planners with basic to intermediate plan analysis, plan design and development of a client strategy to meet client goals.
- Embrace the MassMutual Way in support of a comprehensive, consultative approach to client service.
- Develop strong knowledge regarding core company products and services and be proficient in influencing implementation of plans.
- Focus on helping planners run more efficient and profitable planning practices
- Client data entry to various planning software including but not limited to eMoney 360 Pro, Profiles, Plan Lab etc. as needed
- 3+ years of experience working in the financial services industry planning areas including investment planning, retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning protection planning and business planning
- Intermediate to advanced skill in using Microsoft Word
- Series 7 license
- Understanding of the legal and tax aspects of product implementation in the sales process
- Series 66 license or attain within 180 days of start
- Experience with eMoney or other financial planning Software
- Strategic thinker with the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues clearly both orally and in writing and present them in a sales oriented manner.
- Real world knowledge of business and estate planning techniques and their applications to the affluent markets, and of products and services available throughout the industry
- Possess a solid understanding of life insurance and annuity products and the sales processes with the ability to simplify into readily understandable concepts for clients.
- Team player
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to express ideas and share information with coworkers, advisors and planners in an accurate manner
- Bachelor's degree
- One Industry designation, CLU or ChFC, or equivalent or working towards CFP
- Comfortable using MS Office suite of products
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.CORE VALUESFocus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies. Value People:
We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential. Work Collaboratively:
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.Achieve Results:
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Associated topics: broker, call center, client, health, inside sales, life insurance agent, retail, sales agent, sales associate, sell
Associated topics: broker, call center, commission, client, lead sales agent, outside sales, phone, sales, sales associate, sales position