Safety Supervisor; line clearance, Northern Region
Lewis Tree Service
167 Grant St
Loading some great jobs for you...
JOB SUMMARY: The safety supervisor is responsible for ensuring safety in the workplace and assists the safety director in the continuous development and reinforcement of the company's total safety culture.
You can maintain residence in any of the surrounding states within our working regions; enjoys traveling.
Work locations: the New England area, Pennsylvania, Illinois, New York and Maryland
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for developing and supervising safety specialists who support operations teams.
* Assists in developing strategy and implementing safety programs by following policies and procedures. * Acquires a good foundation of knowledge regarding federal and state safety laws to ensure compliance with regulations. * Continuously monitors regulatory changes as they relate to the industry including Z133 and OSHA. * Responsible for interpreting, auditing and documenting safety, training and incident reports. * Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures. * Leads, directs and evaluates the work of the safety specialist team * Assists in the updating of safety policies to create a safe and hazard free work environment. * Assists in the development of programs, policies and procedures to eliminate at risk behaviors. * Monitors and makes recommendations for performance improvement. * Conducts incident investigations as warranted; determines probable cause and makes recommendations for corrective actions. * Conducts site visits with safety team members to promote a safer work environment.
* Attends/participates in operational and customer safety meetings as necessary. * Attends conferences to advance industry knowledge and obtain required CEUs. * May collaborate with the safety team on conducting crew audits as needed. * Travels as assigned. * Performs other duties as assigned.
* Associates degree; bachelor's degree preferred in Safety Management, Safety Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety. * A minimum of five years of experience in a safety leadership role. * Minimum of five years of experience in line-clearance or related industry is preferred. * Working knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, DOT and related industry regulations and standards. * Working knowledge of human performance based safety concepts and culture. * Maintain or obtain Certified Tree Care Safety Professional credential. * Maintain or obtain Certified Utility Safety Professional credential. * Valid driver's license.
TECHNOLOGY, EQUIPMENT & TOOLS:
* Proficient with standard office equipment i.e. computer, phones, scanner, fax and copier. * Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. * Proficient with Smart Phones and tablets. * Familiar with industry tools and equipment used in utility line clearance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Possess effective written and verbal communication skills. * Ability to work with a variety of customers, both internal and external. * Ability to understand how to interpret regulatory guidelines. * Possess effective leadership skills. * Ability to function as a member of a governing committee. * Proficient presentation skills to deliver effectively a high quality presentation to a wide variety of audiences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee must regularly stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, reach and perform repetitive key strokes. While performing the duties of this job, an employee must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb stairs and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
The position requires travel including overnights by ground, rail or air transportation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.