- Daily Provisions
- $48,520.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
112 E 12th St
Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Daily Provisions!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Daily Provisions is seeking a Service Team Memberto be an ambassador for our mission: To be the place in New York City where \"Going out, feels like coming home\". A Service Team Member at Daily Provisions will excel at applying appreciation to every guest they greet and serve while ranking their teammate's needs even higher. Be a part of this dynamic, multi-faceted, neighborhood cafe.
As an important member of our team, you ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven t-and creating opportunities others wish they d thought of first
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service and consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service
- Participate in Joe Coffee training
- Familiarity with current trends in the specialty coffee and tea industry, i.e. origin profiles, coffee processing methods, proper espresso extraction
- Being comfortable dialing in espresso
- Ability to pull great shots consistently
- Ability to craft latte art
- Efficiently organizes and prioritizes orders
- Demonstrates proficiency with POS system
- 1-year experience in New York City in a food service environment
Daily Provisions will proudly operate under Hospitality Included, USHG s non-tipping pay structure and career progression model. Hospitality Included acts to close the wage disparity between the BOH and FOH, while keeping the FOH whole. Hospitality Included provides a career progression model that activates growth levels within each position, for our team members to advance both financially and professionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply here:
More detail about Daily Provisions part of Union Square Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: catering, culinary, dining chef, executive kitchen, lead, restaurant chef, service, service manager, sous, sous chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.