Make a meaningful impact as a Baker at Daily Provisions!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
TheBaker is responsible for the daily preparation, productionandfinishing of all baked items for breakfast/brunch service. This position may entail to work in a variety of techniques including, but not limited to mixing and laminating of doughs, cereals, battersanduse of asheeter. The Baker typically has several duties that revolve around helping the kitchen stay clean and maintaining the high standards of the operation. Be part of this fast-paced, multi-faceted, neighborhood cafe!
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Responsible for creation of all bread-related goods applicable to the menu
- Follow all recipes, and presentation specifics as set forth by Executive Pastry Chef, Pastry Sous Chef or Pastry Supervisor
- Follow all opening/closing kitchen procedures
- Set up station according to Chef/Kitchen guidelines
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven t-and creating opportunities others wish they d thought of first
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Previous prep or line-cook experience
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Understand & follow written and verbal instruction & direction
- Attention to detail and ability to smell & taste
Daily Provisions will proudly operate under Hospitality Included, USHG s non-tipping pay structure and career progression model. Hospitality Included acts to close the wage disparity between the BOH andFOH,while keeping the FOH whole. Hospitality Included provides a career progression model that activates growth levels within each position, for our team members to advance both financially and professionally.
Please apply here:
More detail about Daily Provisions part of Union Square Hospitality Group, please visit
Associated topics: cafe, commercial, corporate kitchen, grill chef, head chef, lead, pizza chef, prep chef, restaurant assistant chef, sous